Starting Your Day Before It Begins


It's 6.45am on a Wednesday morning. It's still quiet in the neighborhood, i can hear the traffic on the road in the distance, and the birds all about. Warm in a big hoody, i have my hot cup of spicy tea in hand, and a small plate of digestive biscuits with a block of dark chocolate. Mmm. Up on the fifth floor,outside my kitchen i prop myself up on the laundry bay. Soaking in all the beauty and armed with my early morning prayer, i ease into the day.

On this particular morning, just as i like it, the night's thin grey clouds were still hanging about in earnest as the just-risen sun's powerful bright hue come through with a promise of a bright and hot African day to come. Sounds like a novel doesn't it!

This is how I've chosen to start my days... before they begin. I used to wake up to the sound of my toddler calling for me at exactly 7.20am every morning, and i'd drag myself out of bed, half awake cursing the hour and cold. And on the mornings i would wake up earlier, i'd be laying in bed pensively thinking or watching a quick youtube video, praying my peace lasts a little longer.

But this is more like it. I feel in control of my day and myself. I'm up early, out of bed, having a peaceful moment to myself and feel inspired about life. If you haven't yet discovered this peaceful start to your day mums, you're missing out. Especially if you're the sort of person who gets frazzled and overwhelmed easily like myself.

It just sets you up better to take the day head on, rather than feel dragged through it. I can't believe it's taken me so long to discover this. 'The early bird catches the worm', indeed!

Whatever way you chose to start your day, just grab a hold of it before it all gets going.

Lots of Love, Mel








0 comments:

Post a Comment