A New Healthy Lifestyle





I am an absolute foodie of the worst kind! I've got naughty eating down to a tee. Butter, extra cream, another scoop of ice cream. I do it extra all the time, and desserts and fresh bread are my weaknesses.

At the moment i'm at my worst, weight-wise. I've done well avoiding pictures and i don't have a full view mirror, not intentionally. But you can only run from it for so long before your poor eating starts to affect your health, and your partner starts dropping subtle hints. So i'm changing my eating habits, and choosing to be public about it to be accountable and inspire anyone else on the same journey.

My biggest inspiration to do this is my son, Micah. Being a parent also means you have to not only take care of your kids' health, but your own. You've got to be around for as long as you can, and be at your best to keep up with them, and maintain a good quality of life. So this is finally happening!

My plan... isn't anything new, because there is no way around it. Fruits, vegetables, water, unprocessed carbs and white meat. This isn't a diet. It's meant to turn into a lifestyle that can be maintained.

I'll be updating this very post with my progress and challenges every couple of weeks, and putting up posts on tricks and tips i discover along the way to make it easier, and perhaps a few recipes... who knows.

So if you've been meaning to do the same and "haven't gotten round" to actually doing it, how about we get a jump start on the new year's resolution and end this year with a bang! Join me if you dare, and let's encourage each other through it. You can leave comments on your progress below if you wish. Cheers to a healthier way of living!

Lots of Love, Mel

0 comments:

Post a Comment